All DCFC players receive weekly skill training and play in a local futsal league (for one winter session) that is included in the players package. DCFC partners with the Denison Cabral Futsal Academy (DCFA) for winter training. Since opening in 2006 DCFA has become the most recognized youth futsal program in our region. The club is established in Maryland and well known around the country.
DEVELOPING TECHNICALLY SOUND PLAYERS IS A MAIN FOCUS OF THE CLUBE!
The top ten benefits of playing futsal are:
- Technical Rewards: Futsal rewards the same basic techniques, skills, and knowledge of the game as soccer.
- Touches on the Ball: In a statistical study comparing Futsal to soccer, players touched the ball 275% more frequently.
- Ball Control: With limited space, constant opponent pressure, improved ball control and technical skills are required.
- Speed of Play: With limited space, constant opponent pressure and a 4 second restart law players learn to play and think quickly.
- Supporting Runs: Without a wall, players must make supporting runs when team mates have the ball.
- Continuity of Play: Action is continuous, players must continually play. There is no stopping and watching.
- Knowledge: With nonstop action, players improve their technical understanding very quickly.
- Framing the Goal: The goal and penalty area are a prefect size for narrowing the angle, so players must learn to frame the goal to score.
- Learn & Play: The laws of the game of futsal encourage playing skillfully and punish physical contact.
- Have Fun: Players enjoy the challenge of playing a fast paced, fun, skill-oriented game that tests technical abilities, while developing individual technique.